Parenting in the wild interview #3
It's our third interview in the 'parenting in the wild' blog series. This week's interview is with Debs (@blueskiesandblossoms). Make sure you check out her Instagram for some absolutely gorgeous photos of nature and her kids enjoying the outdoors, on with the interview!
1) What's your most treasured childhood memory of being in nature?
Climbing mountains with my dad.
2) Who has inspired you most to take your kids into the outdoors?
We were encouraged to be outdoors as much as possible by our parents so I guess them.
3) Where is your favourite place to take your little wild ones?
That's a tricky one ...as anywhere with outdoor space, wildlife and safe for them to have freedom.
4) What is your dream adventure if money wasn't a barrier? to travel in our camper
5) What's your top tip for taking kids into the wild?
Let them be adventurous, they enjoy stepping away from everyday things.
6) What's your next planned mini adventure with your kids?
road trip around Europe.
7) What's the most useful item you take on an adventure?
snacks (kids are always hungry).
8) Any book recommendations for inspiration?
The Accidental Adventurer by Ben Fogle. You can buy it here.
9) Finally, Forest or Beach?
Hope you're enjoying the parenting in the wild interview series so far, if you want to keep updated on our latest blog posts, products and other exciting developments at River Rascal then make sure you sign up below. We've got some incredible plans on the horizon.
Thanks for reading!