Parenting in the wild #9
This week is coming to you from the deserts of Utah! Amanda's Instagram is jam-packed full of inspiring adventures with her kids. If you don't follow her already then make sure you head over to @adventuring with kids for some serious desert adventure action! Also, we're creating an e-book inspired by this series of interviews so make sure you subscribe below if you want us to send you a copy once it's finished! Anyway, on with the interview;
1) What's your most treasured childhood memory of being in nature?
I'd spend 2 weeks every summer in Portland Oregon with my aunt every year growing up and we went backpacking and camping all over... unfortunately I don't remember the names of the spots but they are still vivid in my memories!
2) Who has inspired you most to take your kids into the outdoors?
I camped frequently as a kid and knew it would be something I wanted for them. Honestly, my children inspire me. When I think of the life I wanted to create for them I knew it was outdoors and full of adventure.
3) Where is your favourite place to take your little wild ones?
Our happy place is the deserts in Southern Utah
4) What is your dream adventure if money wasn't a barrier?
Australia. My instabestie @mumsgoneclimbing is there and we need to climb together one day!!
5) What's your top tip for taking kids into the wild?
ALL the snacks. Lol but honestly just do it. Do research and make sure you are safe of course. It's intimidating when it's new and scary but I promise that goes away!
6) What's your next planned mini adventure with your kids?
Desert climbing trips in Utah!!!
7) What's the most useful item you take on an adventure?
My adventure blankets. It's so nice to have a cosy spot to sit and relax in the outdoors!
8) Any book recommendations for inspiration?
Breaking Trail by Arlene Blum is AMAZING
9) Finally, forest or beach?
Subscribe below for more tip top venturesome content!